July 27, 2009

Attack Plan

One of my problems (because it is definitely NOT a solution) is the lack of method and routine in my life. When we're at school or in college, or when we work at an office, routine ends up being inevitable. I obviously don't fit any of the three categories.

And so my everyday life is chaotic and I mess up with hours, and I end up not accomplishing even 20% of what I could (and should), because I get distracted with one thousand zillion things and lose focus. Total laziness, especially during winter. I am almost coming to the conclusion that routine fills, or at least when I look from the outside it seems to fill the days, gives them meaning, so-to-say-ly.

As I am terrible at designing long-term strategies and sticking to them (laziness), I've then decided to create a very short-term strategy, on a one-day-at-a-time basis [have you heard they've abolished most hyphens in Brazil? stupid. But I digress...]. No pressure over cappuccino, no mandatory terms, just an idea I can change here and there. After all I am not trying to create myself a strait-jacket, but a system that helps me in the People That Make It group [sidenote here: many years ago a Brazilian bank launched an ad campaign with the motto "Brazil is made of people that make it" (O Brasil se faz com gente que faz), or something like that, focusing on entrepreneurs from all classes. That became famous and is still used in the most diverse media, and by practically every person I know. Another motto that has become widely used here is "I am Brazilian, and Brazilians never give up", but I digress again...].

It would be something like a weekly timetable, with specific hours for EACH AND EVERY ACTIVITY, from getting up and having breakfast, to reading a book or watching a TV show, taking care of housework, Benji, work. If, for example, I go out at night during the week and get back home late, I can get up a little later or take a nap after lunch, under the penalty of staying up as long as it takes to finish the day's chores, as every good Brazilian worker does.

I will make it. #helpmegod #yeswecan

2 comments:

James said...

interesting post.. sounds like you need a system... or perhaps kids

Dekka said...

lol for now I guess I can only have a system