January 18, 2008

Benji's preschool

So yesterday Benji spent the afternoon at his likely future preschool.

Yes, dear readers, children grow up fast. When we realize it, it's time to find a school, buy materials, uniform.

I'm a devoted mother. I had stopped taking him to pet stores because all of them, with no exception, are adept to cages. Imagine you getting to a beauty salon for a complete session including manicure, pedicure, hair, Brazilian wax, and then you have to wait because their schedule is late. But you won't wait sitting on a chair, no. It will be in a cage. Got it? Impracticable for me, impracticable for my dogson.

But didn't I find, the other day while browsing the net, this neat place?

And so off to the new place he went yesterday. Proud grandma drove her doggrandson there. She said the little creature just completely forgot about her, and started playing with other dogs, and did not cry, and did not give her that sad-puppy-dog-eyes-rescue-me look. Grandma then went back home, and Ms. Jaqueline said she would drive Benji back home.

I must say one thing: The first time your baby is away from home without a family member around is painful for the mother. Several times during the afternoon I was on the brink of having a heart attack, until 8pm, when they finally arrived with my little sweet-patoody-pookey-wookey.

Ms. Jaqueline even showed me how he sits like a grownup with only a hand gesture and a doggy treat. Fantastic.

There was even a photo session!





Sigh...

It is time to pay enrollment fees, buy educational material, uniforms... And prepare my heart and soul and mind to stay without him a whole day once a week, until he is trained on the basics so we can start to practice
Agility.

A mother's life is not easy.

*****

The question I've been asking myself since yesterday is whether the trick Ms. Jaqueline uses, that one of the doggy treat and hand gesture, works on people too. It would be soooo nice to make, for instance, your boyfriend hand you the remote control with a simple hand gesture and a boyfriendy treat, wouldn't it? HO HO HO

0 comments: